‘A slice of idyllic rural life a stone’s throw from the city’
Escape the city to a rural world of yesteryear! A short drive on our Vespas takes you to a place where locals continue to live off the land in harmony as they have done for generations.
This journey takes you away from the big city to a rural paradise hidden away on an island in the Mekong River. We escape the city by road, bridge, and ferry to Silk Island. Our Vespas follow riverside tracks and dirt roads to a remote 500-year old sanctuary temple set in a mystical forest. Our explorations take us to a local family’s goat farm, an island market, and a family run special soup ingredient business. Everywhere we go we are greeted with big smiles. We visit a working pagoda to gain an insight into local belief systems and Buddhist cremation. We enjoy a delicious homemade lunch with a family who have perfected the art of silk making. Our final drive follows a wonderful riverside trail with cattle grazing on one side and fantastic city views on the other. Our last ferry takes us back to the future of Phnom Penh.
- Traveler hotel pick-up is offered.
- Meeting Point at the hotel lobby.
- Returns to original departure point.
- Transportation on vintage vespa
- A local English-speaking guide
- Admission fees
- Lunch (food only)
- Mineral water and towel
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description.
- Personal expenses and gratuities.
- Additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point.
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable).
- Most travelers can participate.
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Siem Reap area.
- Should you have booked a joint / Seat-In-Coach excursion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- Program is subject to change without notice due to local condition.