The Ayutthaya Kingdom also spelled "Ayudhya" or "Ayodhya" was a Siamese kingdom that existed from 1350 to 1767. Ayutthaya was friendly towards foreign traders, including the Chinese, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, Persians, and later Spaniards, Dutch, English, and French, permitting them to set up villages outside the walls of the capital, also called Ayutthaya.
In the 16th century, it was described by foreign traders as one of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the East. The court of King Narai (1656–1688) had strong links with that of King Louis XIV of France, whose ambassadors compared the city in size and wealth to Paris.
Visit What Phu Khao Thong, climb on to the famous 50 meter high Chedi to see sourrounding rice field and the town of ayutthaya.
Then visit Wat Lokaya Sutha, pray to the 42 meter long reclining Buddha.
Next, we will bring you to Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon, built by King U-Thong in 1357 AD. This is one of the oldest and most important temple of Ayutthaya.